-
Upham Meadow and
Summer Leasow (grid
reference SO917375) is a 104.0-hectare (257-acre)
biological Site of
Special Scientific Interest on the
border between...
- with coal
mining continuing until the
early 1900s. In 1864, the
Brick Kiln
Leasow mine,
mined for
ironstone that was used to feed the
furnaces at
Blists Hill...
-
authorised a
route that
started in two
fields called Great Ox
Leasow and
Little Ox
Leasow, a
little to the
south of the
tunnel site near
Peartree Lane...
- The
Monthly Magazine: Or,
British Register ..., vol. 58, pp. 398–402 "
Leasow —
Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary", Merriam-Webster...
- year. As built, the
canal terminated at two
basins at
Great Ox
Leasow and
Little Ox
Leasow, both
built on land
owned by T. T. Foley, one of the main shareholders...
- the
youngest was aged 12 years, who lost
their lives at the
Brick Kiln
Leasow ironstone mine in 1864.
William Dyas (1872–1940), first-class cricketer...
-
Laverton has 8
listed buildings, and
there is a 17th-century
farmhouses at
Leasow House, near
Laverton and one
dating to 1720 in
Little Buckland. Sir Richard...
- The
Malvern Hills Tudor Farm Bank Turvey's
Piece Upham Meadow And
Summer Leasow Upper Severn Estuary Upper Wye
Gorge Veizey's
Quarry Wainlode Cliff Walmore...
- for example,
there is a
tradition of a
chapel at a spot
called Chapel Leasow,
close to a
manor house. A
chantry of Brendhall,
belonging to the chapel...
-
including Brick-kiln Wood,
Brook Plantation, Fox Covert, Long Wood and The Ox
Leasow.
Birchall Brook forms part of the north-eastern
parish boundary; several...