- St
Dionis Backchurch was a
parish church in the
Langbourn ward of the City of London. Of
medieval origin, it was
rebuilt after the
Great Fire of London...
- Wool
House is a
grade II
listed Victorian wool
warehouse at 74
Backchurch Lane, in the
London Borough of
Tower Hamlets. It was
originally five storeys...
- by
bequests and
operated by
local church parishes (such as St
Dionis Backchurch) or
guilds (such as the Carpenters' Company).
During the 18th century...
-
Richard Phelps and
church wardens James Smith and
Charles Ball of St
Dionis Backchurch reached an
agreement for a set of
eight new
bells and frames. Included...
-
shortly after completing his last
organ with his son John at St
Dionis Backchurch in the City of London. The
rivalry between the two men led to the famous...
- was the only
surviving son of
Thomas D’Aeth, a
merchant of St
Dionis Backchurch, London, and of his wife
Elhanna Rolt,
daughter of Sir John Rolt of Milton...
- A
service was to be
provided twice daily in the
church of St.
Dionis Backchurch, a
school to be
maintained at Landrake, and the poor of St
Erney and Landrake...
- children. On 12
February 1655, she
married Charles Paulet at St.
Dionis Backchurch, London. It was
through his
marriage to Mary that
Paulet came into possession...
-
families lived in London,
Peter the
Elder in the
parish of St.
Dionys Backchurch, and
Peter the
Younger in the
Liberty of Blackfriars,
where the church...
- Antholin,
Watling Street (1875) All
Hallows Bread Street (1878) St
Dionis Backchurch (1878) St
Matthew Friday Street (1884) St
Olave (1887) St Helen's Bishopsgate...